Wednesday, August 1, 2012

All Done! Alma's Quilt...And another follower!

In my continuing saga to finish OPS (Other People's Stuff), I found my MIL's blocks and finished her quilt.  This is probably not how she intended it to look, but I couldn't find all the fabric pieces for what little foundation pieces were left.  She made the 4 blocks on the outside and the big central block. The big central block was hand-quilted to batting and back, so I left it as is, and simply applied the other blocks, with remaining fabric in between.  I machine quilted the straight lines, but left her hand-quilted Xs in the boxes as is. I did have to raid my stash for the cream border, and go to an LQS for the outer border and binding. I am a lousy photographer - the photo doesn't do it justice.  The colors are warm and comforting.



 

I am also grateful to see another follower!  Thanks, Pamela J!

No comments:

Post a Comment